Don’t forget the College Hill Farmers Market is open every Thursday from 4-6 p.m. at our NEW location on 22nd Street, between College and Olive Street.
It is a producer only market with lots to offer including produce, plants, flowers, popcorn, baked goods, healthy snacks, lamb, chicken, beef, eggs, letterpress print items, home decor, and more! This is peak season for Iowa grown vegetables! Stock up now before the summer vegetables are gone!
This week we welcome a new vendor, Jenna Petersen, who owns Saponified Soaps and Women Eat Well. Come down and check them out!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @collegehillfm to learn more about our vendors, products available each week, and special events.
If you don’t have time to shop at the market you can order through Curbside Market Cedar Valley and pick up your products anytime between 4-6 p.m.
1. Parking changes which include paid lots are effective immediately.
2. Both Lots, 22nd Street West (L shaped lot on behind Sidecar Coffee, Chad’s Pizza, and includes diagonal parking in lot North of Octopus) and 22nd St Street East South (Behind The Other Place) will require payment to park (through Park Smarter App, or Kiosk)
4. There will still be “Free” Parking (15 minute, 1 hour, 2 hour, & day parking on the Hill). This includes alternating street parking (which is all day), street parking (on College, W 22nd, & W 23rd, and parking lot parking. Those lots are 22nd Street East North (2 hour), 23rd Street East (1 Hour), 20th Street East (2 Hour).
Are you looking for more long term options?
Check out the Parking Permit Option for Lot 22nd Street East South. Parking Permits cost $35/month (as of 8/5/2021) and can be purchased by going to https://www.thepermitportal.com/. (Instructions on how to purchase are shown above.)
Or know that there will still be FREE (2+ Hour) street parking on the bordering streets of the Hill. We just encourage you to check signage before you park as many times there are alternating days.
To learn more about the pay by visit method & how to uses Park Smarter App:
Have feedback or opinions on the new parking system? We’d love to hear them. Head to our feedback form (https://forms.gle/Ewar72Wfb7EevF37A) and submit either with our name or without to pass along your feedback to the College Hill Partnership Board of Directors and our partners at the City of Cedar Falls.
Join us at the market tomorrow July 22nd for grilled burgers for purchase from Marks Purebreds, live music, and live broadcasting from Iowa Corn Country! And the first 50 people at the market will get a $CHFM to spend at the market!
Don’t forget the College Hill Farmers Market is open every Thursday from 4-6 p.m. at our NEW location on 22nd Street, between College and Olive Street. We also take up the lot off of 22nd Street, right next to Bani’s, so make sure you don’t forget about our vendors in this lot as well!
It is a producer only market with lots to offer including produce, plants, flowers, popcorn, baked goods, healthy snacks, lamb, chicken, beef, eggs, letterpress print items, home decor, and more! SWEET CORN AND TOMATOES ARE AVAILABLE!!!
This week’s vendor spotlight is Hallie’s Sewing Co. Each week, Hallie brings jewelry, sewed products such as scrunches and masks, and plants such as succulents!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @collegehillfm to learn more about our vendors, products available each week, and special events.
If you don’t have time to shop at the market you can order through Curbside Market Cedar Valley and pick up your products anytime between 4-6 p.m.cedarvalley.localfoodmarketplace.com
Don’t forget to swing by one of the College Hill Businesses while you are on the Hill for the market to grab a quick dinner, some new hair products, or some other weekend staple items like wine, coffee, and more. To learn more about the businesses on the Hill you can head to our website at collegehillpartnership.org.
We know summer can get busy with trips, sports, and even stay-cations. The College Hill Farmers Market can help you out this summer and fall with their Curbside Market.
Accessing fresh, local foods is more convenient than ever before through our Curbside Market online ordering program! Curbside Market is available weekly through October at the College Hill Farmers Market. Register and place your order at https://cedarvalley.localfoodmarketplace.com/. Follow Curbside Market on Facebook and Instagram at curbsidemarketcv.
The online store is available Sunday at 4 p.m. through Wednesday at 4 p.m. Once your minimum order of $5 is placed you need to confirm it. Then it is ready for pick up at the College Hill Farmers Market on Thursday 4-6 p.m. on Olive St. and 22nd St. You can drive up and have it placed in your backseat or trunk. You don’t need to leave your vehicle!
The meeting will be held virtually at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, April 13th.
If you so desire the following documents can be emailed to you:
2021-2022 Slate of Board Members (please note additional nominations will be taken from the floor at the annual meeting)
Benefits of being a member of the CHP
Application for College Hill Partnership membership
Agenda for the meeting (Please email email@example.com if you would like the following documents)
We will have applications for membership at the annual meeting. Feel free to send in your application & dues (or submit your application and dues on our website: https://www.collegehillpartnership.org/product/membership/) if you are unable to attend the meeting. Note: in order to vote in this years election for board members and for the bylaw changes, submission of your membership form and dues must have been completed by March 1st.
If you have any questions at all please contact the CHP directly. You can do so either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 319-273-6228. We hope to see you on April 13th.
College Hill Partnership First Newsletter from 2009
Check out the the newsletter from 2009 with notes from the President, Dave Deibler, CHP Coordinator and UNI student Adam Bentley and more.
“College Hill has changed dramatically since I first encountered it. People shop differently then they did back then. This has affected the businesses located on College and 23rd Streets and retail areas like it all around the country. On the residential side, increased student population has changed the face of neighborhoods through out the College Hill overlay. What will the next thirty five years bring? We cannot be sure, but I feel that it is full of promise. We have a unique opportunity, now more than ever, to shape what College Hill is and what it will become. I strongly believe that the Streetscape construction project mounted by the city of Cedar Falls is the start of a new era for all of us who live, work and play on the Hill.
So, how does the College Hill Partnership fit into all of this? Most importantly, I think, is the fact that we are the first organization to really try and manage and consider College Hill as a whole. Retail and residential as one. We are also locating grants and other funding opportunities that can benefit this area. The CHP is looking to sponsor and stage educational and artistic events through out College Hill (including Seerley Park and our new pocket park). We are working hard to improve communication between students, land lords, businesses, families and anyone having a presence on College Hill.” Dave Deibler, 2009.
2009 was also the year of the College Hill Streetscape. You will find details about the project in the Newsletter below.
The Draft Imagine College Hill Vision Plan is ready to review! Based on extensive public input gathered over the last nine months, including the Public Kick-Off events, numerous focus group discussions and interviews with community stakeholders, and the week-long Virtual Design Charrette the City held this past October, the plan will provide a framework for future growth and development on College Hill and nearby neighborhoods. All members of the public are welcome to download and review the draft.
Thank you all for everything you do for the Hill and your continued support in making our community a better place to live work and play.
Conversations about the feedback about the current draft will start at the Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting on March 10th at 5:30pm.
Details on how to participate can be found HERE. If you were unable to comment via survey you can still communicate your feedback to the planner heading up the project Michelle Pezley. Click HERE to send her an email.
The City of Cedar Falls is looking for feedback from you on an upcoming project regarding the Olive Street Culvert. They are hoping you will review the video and provide feedback on the worksheet (via email) both can be located on the website below. This project is a large improvement for the College Hill District. We hope you will take time to provide your opinions on this project as we want this project to serve all in our neighborhood.
Learn more and provide feedback about the Pettersen Plaza Expansion Project/ Olive Street Culvert
Find information about Olive Street Construction here.
Virtual Public Information Meeting
Open January 4, 2021 – January 18, 2021
The City of Cedar Falls is conducting a Virtual Public Information Meeting to obtain information for the Olive Street Box Culvert Project and to present initial alternatives that are being considered. This project is located on Olive Street between W. 20th Street and W. 21st Street in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and includes the extension of the Pettersen Plaza.
All interested persons are invited to view the virtual presentation and submit their feedback or questions via e-mail, phone, or by mail by January 18, 2021.
For the Tiktoker, or Instagramer in your life. This next Holiday Gift Guide has something for everyone. We hope you enjoy our picks!
1. Is someone on your list a plant collector? We have seen so man great plant collections on social lately in fact there are some people have become influencers because of their plant collection and green thumb. These socks from Mohair Pear are the perfect gift for plant influencer on your list when you can’t even keep the yard in your grass alive! For more information about Mohair Pear or shop online click HERE.
2. Time passes so quickly if we get caught up on the tattoo side of Instagram. This gift card from Third Eye Tattoo and Gallery is the perfect gift for anyone on your list. Tattoo artists at Third Eye Tattoo And Gallery come put with some of the most beautiful and unique designs for their clients. Perfect for the influencer on your list. For more information about Third Eye Tattoo and Gallery click HERE.
3. Is your influencer a social butterfly? Do they miss being out at the bars, and enjoying their favorite mixed drink? Now you can bring home your favorite drinks (21+ of course) from Social House. It doesn’t get more influencer than this. Having Signature Social House Drinks at your holiday party, I mean come on, who wouldn’t love these fun delicious beverages to take a selfie with in front of the Christmas Tree. It’s the perfect gift that keeps giving (them likes, likes comments and shares that is). Please drink responsibly! For more information about Social House click HERE.
4. Is the influencer on your list a foodie? Well we love this next gift idea! Pick up a gift card from GreenHouse Kitchen. It’s a great stocking stuffer for your foodie influencer, or even your fitness friend who is looking for healthy takeout options. At Greenhouse Kitchen you can create your own bowls, salad, wraps, or burritos, or you can pick from their innovative menu. (May we recommend the Sweet Chili Philly, its so amazing.) They have options that fit everyone with any dietary restrictions. If you want to learn more about Greenhouse Kitchen or order online click HERE.
5. Whether they are doing the renegade, a makeup tutorial, or going for coffee, this Northern Iowa Sweatshirt from the University of Northern Iowa Bookstore is perfect for your Tiktok influencer. Everyone is loving the tie-dye vibes this year and will make the perfect gift for your favorite influencer. If you want to learn more about UNI Bookstore or shop online click HERE.
We hope you enjoyed these gift ideas for “the Influencer” in your life. Stay tuned for our next gift guide, and we hope you will #HeadtotheHill to do some of your holiday shopping.
In 2020 we have all become, homebodies. We are hoping to share each week some great gift ideas you can pick up, or order online (or by phone), all while support local businesses. This week we are helping you get gifts for “the homebody” in your life.
1. Everyone even homebodies need a hot cup of coffee. Sidecar Coffee offers bags which they will ground or leave whole for you to grind at home. This gift is perfect when you can’t or don’t want to leave the comforts of our home. Did you know you can even order online or sign on to an online subscription? Sidecar coffee every month at home? YES, PLEASE!
2. Pick up a growler and a gift card from The OP College Hill, perfect for your friend who loves a drink around a holiday fire or just likes to enjoy local brews at home.
3. Even homebodies need to be pampered from time to time! VOYA the salon has so many amazing treatments that will have the homebody in your life ready for the new year.
4. All homebodies like pizza am I right? And the best part you can have it delivered for your homebody even if you can’t be together for the holidays. The gift of pizza is a great way to surprise your homebody with a delicious meal. Chad’s Pizza Cedar Falls has got you covered.
5. All games are the perfect gift for any homebody.
Limited Edition Comics & Collectibles
has this limited edition Giftbox from Magic the Gathering. We hear they are going to go fast so swing by the shop to pick yours up or check out all their other amazing items.
We hope you enjoyed these gift ideas for “the homebody” in your life. Stay tuned for our next gift guide, and we hope you will #HeadtotheHill to do some of your holiday shopping.