Welcome to the official blog of College Hill Partnership! Follow along to stay up-to-date with the latest from College Hill!
For the Tiktoker, or Instagramer in your life. This next Holiday Gift Guide has something for everyone. We hope you enjoy our picks!
has this limited edition Giftbox from Magic the Gathering. We hear they are going to go fast so swing by the shop to pick yours up or check out all their other amazing items.
"the Panther Fan"
We know this year has been complicated (to say the least, am I right?), so we wanted to try to help you complete your holiday shopping. We are hoping to share each week some great gift ideas you can pick up, or order online (or by phone), all while support local businesses.
This week we are helping you get gifts for "the Panther Fan" in your life.
1. Every Panther Fan needs a great start to game day (or any for that matter) and who doesn't love a donut or a dozen from Icon Donuts & Sweetery? Check out their new website here to order online, or pick up on the Hill. You can also swing by and pick up a gift card for your favorite Panther Fan so they can enjoy donuts & sweets any time they want.
2. This cute cozy hat is a Arctic Summer Handmade Goods design which can be found at Mohair Pear. Mohair Pear carries a whole variety of winter weather gear. Winter hats starting at $10. This purple color is perfect for your Panther.
3. This cute Panther ornament is the perfect gift for any Panther Fan young or younger. You can find a variety of décor for the holidays at University of Northern Iowa Bookstore. Ornaments starting at $11.99.
4. Does your Panther Fan love vintage? Our friends at PRICE CHECK KICKS have you covered. This awesome hat is a blast from the past. They are always getting tons of vintage UNI gear in and have an awesome everchanging selection. Hats starting at $20.
5. Not sure what to get your Panther Fan? We can help with that too. We offer College Hill Gift Certificates. They can be purchased at Copyworks - Cedar Falls (by cash or check) in increments of $20. Gift Certificates can be used at most College Hill Businesses. (See link in details for more information.)
6. All Panther Fans need a bit of extra energy every now and again. A gift card, mug, or coffee beans from Sidecar Coffee will be the perfect gift for any Panther that loves coffee or just needs a little pick me up from time to time.
We hope you enjoyed these gift ideas for "the Panther Fan" in your life. Stay tuned for our next gift guide, and we hope you will #HeadtotheHill to do some of your holiday shopping.
We hope you will join us for Imagine College Hill Charrette Week Oct 3rd - 8th.
What is the Virtual Design Charrette?
A virtual community design charrette focuses on the College Hill area and surrounding neighborhoods. Events will take place on-line, beginning with a Hands-On Visioning session on Saturday morning and wrapping-up with a Work-in Progress presentation the following week.
There will be several other opportunities for public involvement via the web, including daily studio updates, topical presentations, questions and surveys, and opportunities to virtually "drop-in" to the studio to talk with members of the design team. All are encouraged to participate. This effort will lead to a new College Hill Vision Plan, followed by updates to the zoning code for the area.
How Do I Participate?
Check https://ourcedarfalls.com/ for more details and the weblink for each virtual activity.
- October 3: 9:00 am – 11:00 am. The week will start with a virtual Hands-on Community Design Workshop on Saturday morning. Participate from the comfort of your own home (or any other location you choose with an internet connection!) City residents will gather virtually to share their ideas about the future of College Hill. The workshop will include on-line facilitated small group discussions. People will share their aspirations for the future -- using words and images to discuss topics like urban design; walkability; character and scale of new buildings; areas for change; and areas for protection. Facebook EVENT - With Zoom Information
- October 5: 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm; October 7, Noon – 1:00 pm. Virtual Design Studio. "Drop" by at scheduled times to chat with the design team!! The design team will work remotely all week, building on the ideas from the Hands-On Community Design Workshop, exploring and testing options, getting feedback, and creating drawings and visualizations to help us imagine the future of College Hill and surrounding neighborhoods. The studio will be "open" at several times during the week and you are welcome to "stop by" and ask questions about the teams work. October 5th Facebook Event - With Zoom Information, October 7th Facebook Event - With Zoom Information
- October 14: 5:30 pm. Wednesday evening, Charrette Week activities will conclude with a "Work-in-Progress" presentation during the Planning Commission meeting. The design team will share the preliminary work on the College Hill Vision Plan. Facebook Event- With Zoom Information
Why is this important?
Because you want...
- a vibrant neighborhood center that provides a wide variety of goods, services, and activities for students and the larger community;
- the edges of College Hill to transition to your neighborhoods in a positive way;
- walkable neighborhoods with a variety of housing types for people of all ages;
- your children to inherit a Cedar Falls that is a great place to live, work, and play;
- a community that is designed to manage the growth pressures of today and tomorrow,
- a chance to express your opinions on College Hill and future developments.
For more information about UNI Fraternity & Sorority Life:
Heading to UNI this Fall? Check out the UNIFSL Quick Guide to life in Cedar Falls (check out the highlighted businesses on College Hill).
We love having guest bloggers to highlight elements of our community & neighborhood. Our friends at UNI Fraternity and Sorority Life provided us with some information about their programming and highlighted some College Hill Businesses. Big thank you to Taberie Van Boening for this information. If you would like to be a guest blogger (please reach out to us at email@example.com)
Enjoy a summer vacation without leaving Cedar Falls!
Passport to the Arts is a partnership of organizations offering FREE, family-friendly events for you to enjoy this summer! The Passport is also a way for you to enter for a CHANCE TO WIN a prize package from our sponsors valued at $200!
July 1 through September 12, attend five (5) of the 27 eligible events and post a selfie to the Passport to the Arts Facebook page of you attending each of the five events. Post your photos before the deadline of September 14 to be entered into the drawing for a chance to win!
It's Easy to Join the Fun
1. Attend at least five (5) eligible events
2. When you attend an event, take a picture of the event or a selfie
3. Post each of your event photos to the Passport to the Arts Facebook page by the deadline!
The Passport flyer (below) contains the rules and schedule of eligible events. These flyers may be found at some of the events or simply refer to the flyer below. Head HERE to download and print the flyer at home.
While you're enjoying arts and culture in Cedar Falls this summer, you'll be earning a chance to be entered into a GRAND PRIZE drawing valued at $200 from our sponsors: Hearst Center for the Arts, College Hill Partnership, Cedar Falls Downtown District and the Cedar Falls Public Library. A drawing will be held from the names of those who successfully posted their selfies from five eligible 2020 Passport to the Arts events by the deadline of September 14. The winner will be announced on the Passport to the Arts Facebook page on Wednesday, September 16, 2020.
Questions? Contact Sheri Huber-Otting at the Hearst Center For the Arts by calling 319-268-5502 or by email at Sheri.Huber-Otting@cedarfalls.com.
Yellow Table Farm - Tripoli, Iowa
Eric & Courtney Jensen own Yellow Table Farm in Tripoli. They sell fresh produce, eggs, and lamb. They got started by growing small gardens in the backyard. The gardens kept getting bigger until they found an acreage for sale. They jumped in with both feet and started learning and growing as they went along! This last year they installed a greenhouse which means more produce and earlier in the season! What do they like to do when they are not at the farmers market or working on the farm? Bicycling, shooting bow, hiking, and enjoying family time.
Bowls of Love
Bowls of Love Christy Stolz & Abigail Stolz (Mother & Daughter) own Bowls of Love! Three years into business they are happy to be joining the market! Abi had the idea while at UNI to start a small Farmers Market business. Her goal was to provide an avenue to assist small charities in our community. Abi bought herself a fancy blender, started working on recipes & applied to the CF Farmers Market. In the first two years of business, Bowls of Love has grown into a food truck & donated $5,500 to local charities.
- Upcoming Markets Every Thursday June- October 4-6pm
- New this season--Curbside Market.
- Follow on Facebook or Instagram for market updates and additional vendor spotlights
- For more details download the June 2020 edition of the CHFM Newsletter
Learn more about the College Hill Farmers Market by going to: www.ceee.uni.edu/collegehillfm
College Hill Farmers Market opens Thursday June 4th!
What to Look Forward to:
The farmers market will be full of local produce including lettuce & mushrooms, plant starts, flowers, jam, jelly, bread, meat, and eggs will be available. And we will also see the return of La Calle.