Here is what you need to know:
1. Parking changes which include paid lots are effective immediately.
2. Both Lots, 22nd Street West (L shaped lot on behind Sidecar Coffee, Chad’s Pizza, and includes diagonal parking in lot North of Octopus) and 22nd St Street East South (Behind The Other Place) will require payment to park (through Park Smarter App, or Kiosk)
3. If you are interested in purchasing a parking pass (this pass can only be used for 22nd Street East South Lot) you can do so here: https://www.thepermitportal.com/IPS
4. There will still be “Free” Parking (15 minute, 1 hour, 2 hour, & day parking on the Hill). This includes alternating street parking (which is all day), street parking (on College, W 22nd, & W 23rd, and parking lot parking. Those lots are 22nd Street East North (2 hour), 23rd Street East (1 Hour), 20th Street East (2 Hour).
Are you looking for more long term options?
Check out the Parking Permit Option for Lot 22nd Street East South. Parking Permits cost $35/month (as of 8/5/2021) and can be purchased by going to https://www.thepermitportal.com/. (Instructions on how to purchase are shown above.)
Or know that there will still be FREE (2+ Hour) street parking on the bordering streets of the Hill. We just encourage you to check signage before you park as many times there are alternating days.
To learn more about the pay by visit method & how to uses Park Smarter App:
Remember if you are going to be using the Smart Park App, or Kiosk you will need to know:
- Your license plate number
- Enforcement of all parking on and near the Hill is enforced Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm
- You can use pay stations or download the Park Smarter App to your smart device
For more information about parking system please check out https://smartcity.ipsgroup.com/cedarfalls/. Please note there have also been changes to the parking system in the Downtown District. For more information about parking changes there head to https://www.cedarfalls.com/1513/Downtown-Parking.
Have feedback or opinions on the new parking system? We’d love to hear them. Head to our feedback form (https://forms.gle/Ewar72Wfb7EevF37A) and submit either with our name or without to pass along your feedback to the College Hill Partnership Board of Directors and our partners at the City of Cedar Falls.